My father and I took all the kids over 5 (Nate, Blake, Jacob and Aiden) to the "Haunted Walk at the Fullerton Arboretum". For those of you who are not familiar with the Arboretum, it was a walk through a forest of trees, in the dark. There were a few lights here and there, but mostly it was in the dark, with smoke & strobe lights. It was just enough scary to be effective but almost too much. We only had one official crier but all the boys, at some point, were clinging to a leg.
Jacob's major fright was this "Corpse Bride" looking lady, dressed all in white, with her throat slit & dripping blood. She was looking for her groom. I said "Jake, you should marry her" and he looked at me shaking and said "No, La La, Stop!!!!". From there on out, she was walking back and forth past Jacob, looking at him with long lost love. He was wrapped around my father's leg.
So, for the record, this is Jason. I know this because I said "Look guys, it's Michael Meyers". Nathan quickly corrected me saying, "No La La, that is Jason". Nathan was wrapped around my legs, sometimes clinging to my stomach & simply couldn't believe that this was pretend. I was grateful when the "Vampire Slayer" came out to demonstrate how to kill a vampire. From this point on, Nathan asked me all the questions about how you kill a vampire for real. So, sorry Manda, but he might be asking you for some garlic, a cross to wear around his neck & of course, a wooden stick to stab the vampire through the heart.
Blake genuinely believed that this could be fake, but I don't think he was certain. He was clinging to my father for a while but 1/2 way through, was on my right leg making it interesting since Aiden was on my left leg & Nathan's head buried in my stomach. He flipped out slightly when we walked into the building with the strobe lights & people started jumping out at him.
Medusa, this is just an example of how far these people went to dress up for the walk. It was crazy.
Aiden, I mean Obi Wan, he was somewhat OK, as long as he had my hand/leg at all times. There was a lit path & I had told all the kids to stay within the lights. The lights would protect us as long as they didn't try to feed the monsters. Imagine my surprise, when one of the werewolves had crossed the lights. I put the three kids behind me, looked at the werewolf in the face and whispered, "I told the kids you wouldn't cross the lights". Then I screamed "Get your ass behind the lights". Ever seen a werewolf laugh hysterically.After the scary, they had a bunch of games, crafts & really gross things to look at. The kids all (except Nate) wanted to go again.
2 comments:
happy halloween. what a fun night.
loved seeing the costumes!! :)
OMG!! No wonder Nate cried. This looks scary!! lol
Post a Comment